Admissions Communications Specialist
Bucknell University | Lewisburg, PA - Posted 2 months ago
The Admissions Communications Specialist is a talented and creative writer who helps to craft messages for Admissions communications channels; supports recruitment marketing strategies; and provides guidance on overarching messages, voice and tone for admissions communications. The candidate is part of a highly collaborative, award-winning content team that implements the University’s communications strategies across print and digital media. This a full-time, 12 month, benefits eligible staff position reporting to the Senior Director of Content Strategy within the Division of Communications.
The Admissions Communications Specialist’s main responsibilities include helping to develop, implement and execute Bucknell University’s external communications strategy for student recruitment — including marketing, video, print and digital content. The person in this position provides creative concepts and new directions for communications streams and ensures consistency in the Bucknell brand throughout Admissions materials. This position collaborates closely with key Admissions team members to tie communications to recruitment goals and maintains accurate and engaging text on relevant web pages.
The Admissions Communications Specialist will have the experience and flexibility to be both creative and analytical; develops ideas; writes content for email, marketing, digital and print campaigns; and is instrumental in concept and content development and measurement. The Admissions Communications Specialist will manage multiple projects simultaneously, make data-informed recommendations and have a passion for initiating ideas and seeing them through.
● Develop strategies, plans and messages that fulfill Bucknell’s communications and recruitment goals in collaboration with the Director of Content Strategy and Admissions staff.
● Write and develop email content and update content on an ongoing basis to build targeted automated email communication plans for each stage of the prospective student lifecycle.
● In collaboration with appropriate Admission staff, maintain and update the Admissions communication plan that encompasses all forms of media, including the Bucknell app, and all relevant audiences.
● Create editorial content for recruitment email, marketing, social media, print and digital communications, and other digital student recruitment assets.
● Write and edit content for the University website for admissions and related web pages, magazine and other outlets.
● Research and report on admissions audience needs and preferences, recruitment strategies used by peer and aspirant institutions, and issues in higher education that have the potential to affect recruitment.
● Serve as an integral part of a content team that works to fulfill high-level University goals and initiatives related but not limited to Bucknell’s overarching communications strategy and admissions and development communications.
● Ensure the accuracy of all copy, and facts and data used in copy.
● Perform additional duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
● A minimum of two years’ admissions communications experience.
● Demonstrated excellence in research, writing, grammar and editing skills, including experience with and knowledge of news feature writing, writing for marketing purposes and for the web, as demonstrated by professional publications.
● Record of success in creating persuasive messaging across media.
● Experience and demonstrated flexibility to be both creative and analytical in developing ideas, writing content and managing the various stages of projects, including concept and content development and measurement.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and the sharing of perspectives across differences.
● Proven skills in creativity, analysis and problem-solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
● Superb organizational and project-management skills.
● Excellent proofreading skills.
● A strong attention to detail.
● Proficiency in Google Docs, Slate, Airtable and Slack
● Experience in higher education.