Assistant Director, Global Communications
Arcadia University | Glenside, PA - Posted 2 weeks ago
Arcadia University seeks an Assistant Director of Global Communications that is a master at capturing stories and building relations. This position is responsible for developing and implementing integrative and inclusive communications that differentiate Arcadia and secure placements across global media channels. The Assistant Director will help identify PR strategies that generate interest, build awareness, and readily distinguish Arcadia across domestic and international key business priorities and markets. This position will work University-wide to cultivate relationships internally and effectively build relations with media outlets to expand Arcadia’s brand awareness and engage audiences and stakeholders worldwide.
- Develop and lead the University’s external global communications plan that collaborates with Arcadia staff and faculty worldwide and ensures that it aligns with Arcadia’s critical priorities.
- Generate public relations and news coverage on behalf of strategic focus areas by cultivating international media relations for Arcadia University, including anchoring key messages, materials, and connections.
- Produce and deliver a consistent and authentic external narrative that unites and inspires the Arcadia community worldwide.
- Lead communications strategy for significant institutional outcomes, connections, business ventures, partnerships, and new programs.
- Collaborate with University units to implement an editorial strategy for biannual Arcadia magazine, reaching nearly 30,000 alumni and readers.
- Create a channel strategy to leverage SEO, multimedia, website, and social media content as an essential component of news stories, ensuring news-related global content is appropriately reflected and integrated across University digital channels.
- Experience in the implementation and execution of communications that embrace and include diversity across multiple regions, cultures, and generations.
- Experience producing high-quality stories of scholarship, education, learning, and outcomes that capture an organization’s essence and personality.
- A results-oriented approach to understanding an institution’s strategic priorities and capturing stories that advance Arcadia’s enrollment, development, and brand position.
- Crisis communications experience.
- Success in producing news content and pitching to media and other industry outlets.
- Ability to develop content for a broad spectrum of communications channels (including web and multimedia).
- Excellent written communication, copywriting, and editing skills.
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce, Pardot, Mailchimp, etc.) and CMS (WordPress) for communication campaigns a plus