Assistant Director of Social Media and Digital Strategy
Gettysburg College | Gettysburg, PA - Posted 5 months ago
Gettysburg College, in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who demonstrates a passion and enthusiasm for both the personal and far-reaching impact of social media and experience reaching diverse audiences through these platforms to serve as Assistant Director of Social Media and Digital Strategy.
* Trends-monitoring in social media tools, innovations, and user experience
* Performance of a variety of technical, analytical, planning, and executing activities to optimize the College’s visibility through social media platforms
* Develop and implement comprehensive social media strategies aligned with the College’s integrated marketing goals
* Think strategically about how, where, and when to best communicate with various audiences
* Develop relevant topics
* Contribute content for multiple media
* Investigate emergent technologies to assess adoption viability
* Listen and respond to communities’ engagement in College-owned channels
* Explore opportunities in audience engagement
* Identify hindrances to marketing efforts
* Digital promotions management
* Design, execute, and evaluate digital campaigns in multiple channels
* Help coordinate vendor digital campaigns
* ROI analysis and reporting on metrics
* Social listening and social monitoring
* Cooperative work
* Collaborate with members of the Office of Communications and Marketing
* Oversee the work of Communications and Marketing social media (student) interns
* Partner with directors of key programs, faculty, and staff members
* Coordinate the efforts of students and campus partners from across the College to contribute toward specific social media campaigns
* Serve as a representative to College-wide committees where an expertise in communications and marketing is needed
* A bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, communications, or related field with at least 2 years of communications experience is required.
* Also required are experience developing and implementing social media strategy; experience in creating content for social, digital, and web platforms; considerable knowledge of existing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat); experience using platform dashboards to understand performance and to adjust strategies in response; knowledge of and/or experience in social listening techniques; knowledge of trends in social media platforms; ability to engage different audiences in different channels; knowledge of effective digital advertising through search and social media outlets; ability to work effectively in time-sensitive situations and pivot in response to emergent circumstances; knowledge of and/or experience with business management and native scheduling tools in social media platforms; creative mindset for leveraging new channels in innovative ways; ability to develop projects independently and work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; outstanding project management skills; ability to build strong relationships; excellent written and verbal skills; strong customer service skills; superb proofreading skills.
* While professional experience is preferred, internship experience may be considered for otherwise strong applicants.
* Skills in photography, website management, and leadership are preferred in the optimal candidate, but not required.