Casual Web Writer
Bucknell University | Lewisburg, PA - Posted 3 months ago
The Web Writer will have a proven ability to write engaging, accurate copy and present information in a clear, succinct way as part of the content team executing the redesign of the University website. This role will be responsible for reviewing and updating existing content and producing crisp, clean copy that supports Bucknell’s branding strategy and enhances the University’s overall reputation. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Communications.
The Web Writer must be an efficient wordsmith who is able to work well independently and balance multiple demands while adhering to numerous deadlines in this complex project. The individual in this role will have the experience and flexibility to support the content team in the various stages of the redesign. The Web Writer will communicate with campus partners as needed to obtain or confirm information to inform web content as necessary. Previous experience with web writing and redesign projects is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is willing to share their own perspectives, learn from the perspectives of others, and contribute to an environment of diversity and inclusiveness.
Applicants must provide links to at least three recent web writing samples. Finalists for the position will complete on-site writing and editing tests.
Please note: While much of the work may be done off-site, this is not a remote position. The Web Writer must be available to attend regular meetings in the office of the Division of Communications.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage independently a large volume of individual web pages.
• Serve as an integral part of a communications team that works to fulfill high-level University goals and initiatives related, but not limited, to Bucknell’s overarching communications strategy.
• Contact faculty and administrators to obtain information for web pages as needed.
• Ensure the accuracy of all facts and data used in copy.
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Professional experience in writing copy for the web.
• Demonstrated excellence in writing, grammar and editing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information and assess value while maintaining high standards of accuracy and integrity.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and the sharing of perspectives across differences.
• Proven skills in creativity, analysis and problem-solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize and incorporate ideas and feedback.
• Superb organizational and project-management skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and independently.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or other communications field.
• Previous experience working in higher education.
• Proficiency with Drupal CMS.