Content and Editorial Coordinator
La Salle University | Philadelphia, PA - Posted 1 month ago
One of La Salle’s senior writers and editors, the Content and Editorial Coordinator will promote and elevate the University’s brand and reputation through interesting and creative storytelling. The Content and Editorial Coordinator will develop, maintain, and execute a comprehensive editorial and content calendar spanning all communication channels and audiences. The position will require collaboration with members of a strong, growing team that includes incumbent and future members.
· Execute an integrated cross-channel content strategy, created in partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Communications, that advances the priorities of the University
· Manage the day-to-day content creation and project management for lasalle.edu, La Salle Magazine, and other print and digital communications platforms
· Host, produce/edit audio, and provide editorial direction on the University’s biweekly podcast, 20th & Olney
· Proficiency with Audacity, Adobe Audition, Garage Band, or other tool(s)
· Implement the editorial direction of La Salle Magazine and serve as the project manager and department lead to ensure quality, accuracy, timeliness and appropriateness of content
· Generate engaging content across digital and traditional communication channels that supports strategic messaging goals and leverages SEO
· Review all communications pieces to ensure accuracy, consistency, and alignment to brand
· Provide live coverage of on- and off-campus events for content generation and social media support
· Collaborate with key members of leadership and faculty teams to evaluate and introduce appropriate and innovative marketing and communications solutions
· Maintain a high standard of quality and accuracy for all deliverables
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or English
· At least five (5) years related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
· Extensive copywriting and copyediting experience
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, time management, project management,
· and organizational skills
· Adherence to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to produce written materials in a variety of formats—quickly, accurately, and effectively
· Proficiency with AP style
· Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Project Management and Cloud Collaboration software.
· High comfort level in using technology to optimize workflow and business processes.
· Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.