Digital Content Manager – Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Carnegie Mellon University | Pittsburgh, PA - Posted 3 days ago
Carnegie Mellon University’s Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences is searching for a Digital Content Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in working for a college situated at the intersection of humanity and technology, where our shared passion for improving the human condition is woven throughout our education and research.
Working under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Communications, Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Digital Content Manager plays an important role in optimizing and deploying engaging content across multiple channels to drive brand growth and operational efficiency. The Digital Content Manger will lead strategy, copywriting and identifying visuals for the Dietrich College website and manage e-mail marketing communications.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborates with Dietrich College partners and stakeholders to develop and approve content goals
- Works in partnership with Dietrich College’s Communications Project Manager to build, edit and implement webpages and sections in the university’s content management system
- Develops and assesses website information architecture
- Writes and edits compelling copy that articulates Dietrich College’s brand
- Identifies photos, videos and other visuals for digital content
- Incorporates UX and SEO best practices and uses metrics to make sound content decisions
- Works within the college’s e-mail marketing platform to create, distribute and manage digital marketing materials, including a weekly newsletter, event invitations and announcements
- Works closely with photographers, videographers, designers, writers and other website experts
- Oversees vendors involved in the production and delivery of digital marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Dietrich College. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with others and/or as part of a team
- Ability to write engaging, concise, accurate copy
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience using a content management system
- Basic photo editing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Analytics
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in website creation, online communications, content strategy and/or project management
- A bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communications or any related field
- Or a combination of education and relevant experience from which the candidate can demonstrate comparable knowledge
- Required to work normal business hours; evening and weekend work may occasionally be required.
- As part of your application you should submit a link to an online portfolio or up to three writing samples.
- A pre-employment writing test also will be administered.