Digital Content Specialist
Tompkins Cortland Community College | Dryden, NY - Posted 4 weeks ago
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for creating, producing, and delivering digital marketing and communications content to engage students, advance the college’s brand, and support college enrollment and retention goals. The Specialist is a member of the College Relations team to ensure services are aligned with college strategies and goals. The Specialist plays a key role in managing and promoting the brand of the College and in supporting student enrollment and retention. This Specialist will handle the placement of paid digital marketing campaigns along with cultivating organic social media engagement across multiple College social media accounts.
- Create internal deliverables, including, but not limited to the annual report, commencement program, holiday card, campus signage and electronic displays.
- Oversee all third-party vendor relationships, including contracted service providers, outside marketing agencies and freelancers. Serve as the Office’s point of contact with third-party vendors on video and new media projects.
- Responsible for the design and production of content including photography, printed collateral and video. Curate and drive a video and photography cycle, including semester calendars to support content strategies.
- Create and distribute videos, including filming, editing, posting, sharing, and uploading content to the College and subsites across the website, social media channels, Vimeo, and YouTube channels.
- Provide training and mentoring to content editors campus-wide, recruit, and manage student photographers.
- Work with relevant staff to craft communications on academic and student life issues, news and events, staff initiatives, strategic planning initiatives, community engagement and crosscampus partnerships, alumni engagement, new student orientations, annual events, and more.
- Schedule daily social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to boost brand awareness.
- Supports the development of bold and compelling visual content (including video, audio, motion graphics, etc.). Create strategic video and new media content that conveys TC3’s core messages and engages the primary audiences.
- Maintains up-to- date knowledge of the market and competitors.
- Develops internal communications such as newsletter and email announcements promoting student, faculty and staff achievements.
- May assist the emergency response team by providing online updates during campus closures and other emergencies. May coordinate emergency communications or closures and other announcements.
- Provides support to the College administration through the promotion of the TC3 President’s involvement with regional and national events.
- Stays on top of digital trends and technology, acting as a resource for best practices and providing training/advice as needed to teammates and colleagues.
- Collaborates with internal departments and affiliates to expand marketing and communication efforts. Collaborates with teammates and internal partners on incorporating social media into all appropriate marketing plans as a promotional vehicle. Implements uniform branding and editorial standards for all media.
- Build and retain relationships with the SUNY Office and Marketing team.
- Assures efficient use of material resources by assessment of department needs, development of budget recommendations, and management of the department within the budgetary constraints imposed by the College.
- Serves on various College committees and performs other job related tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media production, or related field and three (3) years’ demonstrated experience creating and implementing digital media content using content delivery platforms; demonstrated currency in the digital media field; professional work experience in a related role.