Director of Graphic Design
Drexel University | Philadelphia, PA - Posted 1 month ago
Drexel University’s Office of University Communications seeks an innovative design leader possessing the creative skill and technical aptitude to manage the University’s graphic identity program and reinforce through visual design Drexel’s mission to function as “One University.” Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing & Digital Strategy, the Director of Graphic Design will take the lead in the development and implementation of design and branding strategy, while serving as a design and graphic identity resource and art direction lead for the Drexel community. The ideal candidate will possess superlative leadership and project management skills and will be able to educate and inform clients on best practices while providing strategic direction to personnel — from other University designers to senior leadership.
- Lead in creating digital and print marketing and promotional materials such as posters, ads, emails, brochures, e-newsletters, flyers, booklets, banners, assets for social media and websites and other promotional media for Drexel University programs, initiatives, colleges, schools, and departments.
- Manage creative development with proven mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across the campus. Work with campus units on strategies, solutions and executions to meet their objectives.
- Maintain a graphic identity branding program for internal client print materials and websites.
- Ensure marketing materials and websites are compliant with University branding.
- Coordinate and art direct photo shoots.
- Maintain and archive design, photo files and corresponding assets.
- Manage and maintain relationships with University vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of continuous professional leadership experience in graphic design and print production is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is required, as well as Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- A degree in graphic design is preferred.
- Three years of experience working for or within an academic environment is desired.
- Past success leading others and working on multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of design principles, typography, color theory, and print production.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with HTML, CSS.
- Familiarity with basic video editing and creation of simple motion graphics a plus.
- A professional demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere is essential.