Director of Marketing
Kutztown University | Kutztown, PA - Posted 2 months ago
Kutztown University is seeking applications for a full-time director of Marketing. The director of
Marketing serves as the central campus resource for marketing for Kutztown University. The director of
Marketing reports to the vice president for University Relations & Athletics.
The right candidate will fill a unique position working with campus partners to lead high-level projects,
programs, and initiatives to advance KU’s vision and strategic priorities.
The director will strategically and enthusiastically grow the Kutztown University story and brand with
its audience and prospective students through all department and related resources.
This includes utilizing market data to define strategies, identify appropriate audiences, and create
awareness of new opportunities to enhance the KU experience based on quantitative and qualitative
The director of Marketing position requires organization, flexibility, a highly collaborative nature, and
the ability to evolve with changing priorities. The director must be a big picture thinker with an eye for
detail. This is a hands-on position, with supervisory responsibilities, and requires some night and
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads planning, development, and execution of marketing plans and strategies for the university and select campus units.
- Analyzes all available internal data, campaign results, and appropriate business and regional trends, and uses social listening to form campaign targeting strategies with clear benchmarks.
- Partners with Admissions to develop annual campaigns targeting prospective students and their parents, while meeting regularly to continually optimize strategies based on ongoing recruitment counselor feedback.
- Oversees/collaborates on outgoing social media efforts, working closely with the university photographer and select staff members to develop strategies to increase interaction on designated platforms.
- Writes advertising copy, video scripts and other promotional materials as necessary.
- Supervises the assistant director for Design and Print Media and university photographer, assigned graduate assistants, student interns and student workers.
- Selects marketing-related agencies and closely directs agency work and monitors strategies.
- Collaborates with the director of Web and Digital Media and manager of Web Technology to ensure the university brand and voice are implemented on the KU website.
- Collaborates with the University Relations team to ensure coverage of university events through social media, video, photography and advertising.
- Assists the vice president with management and growth of the university licensing program. Manages the overall Marketing budget and works with direct reports to ensure effective spending of assigned budgets.
- Provides marketing support and direction to non-academic programs, including, but not limited to, University Relations & Athletics, Administration and Finance, Student Affairs and the KU Foundation.
- Conducts regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports. Attends University Relations and Division Director Meetings.
- Coordinates communication and fulfillment of communication and marketing project requests with the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
- Assists the vice president and communications staff with crisis, emergency and executive communications as necessary. Serves as a member of the on-call crisis team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president for University Relations & Athletics.
- Graduate of accredited four-year college with a preference in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrated results managing digital campaigns with agency assistance, including reporting and optimization. Must be able to translate results to greater campus community.
- Demonstrated results building social media engagement.
- Strong knowledge of marketing best practices, brand value, and marketing strategies and tactics, including writing, developing and executing marketing plans.
- Excellent writing, communication and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to supervise, build collaborative relationships and functional working teams with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Experience working for and being a client of advertising agency.
- Experience managing projects and leading groups.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge and passion for KU and higher ed are a plus.
- Knowledge of Lehigh, Berks, Bucks and southeastern PA region.
- Experience working within the PASSHE system, specifically with RFPs and contracts.