Director of Marketing
St. Joseph's Preparatory School (Philadelphia, PA) | Philadelphia, PA - Posted 2 months ago
The Director of Marketing will be a part of the Marketing and Communications team within the Office of Institutional Advancement. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for creating an institutional marketing strategy that will build our brand, leading to increased awareness, fundraising and enrollment revenue and relevance and respect among our constituent and target audiences. Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of marketing channels. The Director will oversee all marketing functions at the Prep by developing an overall marketing plan and policy. She/he will work cross organizationally at the Prep by partnering with Senior Leadership and Directors to develop marketing plans and objectives for both internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for executing the vision of the President and the Leadership Team in the areas of marketing, branding, and market research.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans and competitive marketing strategies with school leaders; assess the overall marketplace direction, i.e. identify opportunities and how they should modify/enhance strategy to capitalize on these changes.
- Work closely with Admissions, Advancement, Mission and Ministry, Academics and Athletics leaders to ensure all program activities are aligned with and build upon the total marketing and development strategy school-wide.
- Develop and execute the short and long term marketing plans organization wide.
- Research, analyze, develop and implement marketing strategies necessary to increase brand awareness of St. Joseph’s Preparatory School.
- Ensure the execution of the Marketing budget in support of overall marketing goals.
- Develop tracking mechanisms to determine effectiveness of individual marketing campaigns.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses to assist the school in achieving its revenue goals in collaboration with the Advancement and Admissions teams.
- Plan and implement the schools advertising activities and develop and implement social media strategies that support its marketing strategies.
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, create direction regarding the school website, its content and how to best leverage to meet marketing objectives.
- Oversee development of a process for managing existing and new legal trademarks and their usage. St. Joseph’s Preparatory School
- In partnership with Associate Director of Online Marketing & Brand Merchandising, create strategies for the marketing and development of school spirit wear to internal and external customers.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, create collateral materials including Admissions and Development brochures, President’s Reports, Prep Magazine, and any other area materials requested.
- Manage photography and video resources as required
- Manage work with outside vendors, including negotiations, production & vendor schedules for institutional publications and any other marketing-related projects.
- Execute all ad buys
- Develop graphic and brand standards, communicate to staff and monitor implementation
- Maintain logo, ad, photo and video archive library
- Produce and print all Advancement/Alumni/Admissions print pieces
- Produce and print all Advancement fundraising pieces and Admissions recruitment pieces.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
•Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.•7-10 years of direct experience with market planning, trending and strategies in a business-to-business environment or demonstrated successful experience.Preference given to a candidate with experience in a secondary or higher education setting. •Demonstrated understanding of the economics of education, particularly in the areas of Admissions and Development.•Cognizant of the Catholic Jesuit tradition and able to convey the school’s inherent philosophy of service and justice throughout all communications•Demonstrated track record of developing and executing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded their objectives; demonstrated track record in ROI.•Must have both strong analytic/market research, demonstrated creative marketing work including competitive analysis.•Strategic thinker with the ability to translate the schools strategies into operational objectives and projects.•Comfortable relating to high-level executives, board members and administration, including making presentations, discussing issues, providing solution concepts and securing project buy-in •Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution •Able to flourish in a dynamic yet traditional, educational environment •An entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach•Willing to work hard with a lean staff, significant workload, and multiple responsibilities•An excellent communicator, both in verbal and written formats•A team player, willing to pitch in and become involved in multiple school activities and events throughout the year, beyond office hours•Must be able to effectively manage communication, priorities and workflow.•Must be able to build and maintain collaborative relationships internally within the school and externally.•Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as ablend of intuitive thinking and quantitative analysis.•Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+•Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously•Experience working with diverse groups of people •Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office