Thiel College | Greenville, PA - Posted 2 months ago
Thiel College is seeking a Graphic Designer to create visual design solutions within the office of Communications and Marketing, ensuring all content is consistent with brand standards while fulfilling both partner and end-user needs.
With a firm understanding of print and digital design best practices, this role reports to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing and collaborates with others to develop and execute a variety of projects that serve to advance the mission of the College.
While the Graphic Designer is primarily focused on print and digital asset project management, production, and graphic design, there will be plenty of opportunities to branch out into other areas of the department.
- Work collaboratively to conceptualize and execute innovative design solutions.
- Champion established brand and content standards of Thiel College, maintaining brand style consistency as defined and articulated in brand and style guides.
- Oversee projects from the start of the design process through completion of the assets.
- Communicate with team members to effectively articulate visual solutions for both marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with content creators, editors, vendors and departmental representatives.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for creative assignments.
- Participate in project briefings and creative brainstorming meetings.
- Prepare complete, accurate, press-ready files and oversee the production of printed materials with outside vendors.
- Manage communications projects using our project management platform (Trello), helping to keep projects on task, within budget, and on time.
- Create and manage presentations, forms, project management templates and reports.
- Play an integral role in the communications proofing and content approval process.
- Maintain creative asset archives to ensure comprehensive records and easy retrieval.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please note: The chosen candidate will be expected to work on campus as this is not a remote position.
- MAC-literate with demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suites, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
- Accurate, quick keyboarding is vital to this position. We have tight deadlines. Proofreading is essential.
- Strong work ethic and great attitude is a must.
- Experience in developing concepts, creative design and producing digital for multiple mediums (print, web, and video).
- Command of the principles, practices and techniques of graphic design and layout.
- Excellent writing, editing and creative design skills.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of 4-color printing, bleeds and trims, color correction and preparation of print ready files including PDFs is also a plus.