Marketing Communications Manager
Manor College | Jenkintown, PA - Posted 2 months ago
In close collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement, the Marketing Communications Manager is a key member of the Marketing Communications effort, charged with developing content and marketing initiatives that cultivate strong support for Manor College.
This individual develops, executes and communicates comprehensive, strategic communication in multiple formats to effectively promote the Manor College mission, programs, events, campaigns, etc. The Marketing Communications Manager conceptualizes, researches, writes and edits a wide range of print and digital communications. The Marketing Communications Manager establishes and maintains overall excellence and consistency among communication materials assuring that the College messages are effectively communicated to advance the College’s strategic priorities. The Marketing Communications Manager oversees the project management for the Marketing Communication office projects to assure successful implementation, coordination and completion to meet deadlines and goals. The Marketing Communications Manager plans, develops and prepares communication tactics, presentations, and projects as needed by the leadership and department directors in support of key communication initiatives.
Manor College’s Marketing Communications Manager should be a multimedia content creator and profile builder, committed to promoting a positive image of the college. Responsibilities include daily maintenance of the website via content and SEO upkeep; media relations through college event and news coverage; social media management via content, strategy evaluation, and reporting; digital and email marketing for internal and external audiences; and event support.
The Marketing Communications Manager serves as a resource to Marketing Communications and Advancement offices and others, as directed by the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement to provide writing expertise, research and analysis to support communication strategies, including marketing and solicitation materials, presentations, speaking points, digital communications, publications and special tasks and projects to advance the College’s strategic goals and priorities.
The position reports to the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Advancement.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Ensures the brand messaging for Manor College is consistent across college communications, including publications and website, and effectively tailored for relevant audiences.
- Support in the development and placement of college advertising initiatives across a variety of internal and external outlets, such that all programs, events, initiatives and enterprises are adequately marketed and advertised and messaging is appropriate to target audiences.
- Writing marketing content for multiple communication channels
- Creating, implementing, and managing multiple drip marketing campaigns
- Managing production for a variety of print and digital projects and mailings
- Gathering, tracking, and reporting on key performance data
- Serving as team liaison to leaders and stakeholders for campaigns, projects, and reporting, as assigned.
- Support in the development, creation and project management of print and online marketing communications materials for various departments, i.e. Admissions, Continuing Education, Advancement, Athletics. This includes: Content creation, working with graphic designer and third party vendors, ensuring that all aspects of the project are handled effectively.
- Develops and oversees the project management for the Marketing Communication office projects
- In collaboration with the VP of Marketing, Communications and Advancement plans, develops and prepares communication tactics, presentations, and projects as needed by the leadership and department directors in support of key communication initiatives.
- Increase the awareness of Manor College and its mission and goals, promoting and publicizing all programs, newsworthy events, activities, and outstanding students, faculty and staff members to all Manor constituents, media outlets and to the community at large
- Seek out institutional news and profiles of community members to provide dynamic content for the College website and media relations
- Manage the social media strategy, content, campaigns, calendars and reporting for all official Manor College social media channels
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of the Manor Content Management System website and enhance content to increase general traffic to the website and traffic-to-lead conversion rates
- Assists with institutional events for donor relations, advancement, traditional milestone events, admissions, student life, etc.
- Manage all SEO efforts to better optimize manor.edu for web searches
- Oversee the training and process of all official college social media channels
- Contribute to and convert publications designed for print into the digital realm of web, e-mail, mobile, and likewise
- Assist in the creation of press releases and media relations materials
- Contribute to the design and implementation of email marketing and online advertising strategies
- Stays abreast of institutional priorities and news about faculty/staff/alumni/programs and uses this information in developing persuasive messages.
- Evaluates and tracks communication and marketing initiatives, including performance measures, and regularly benchmarks communication and marketing best practices among peer and aspirant schools, higher education in general, and other sectors.
- Manages and finds interns
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
Criteria & Preferred Qualifications
- 2-4 years experience in higher education, communications and marketing experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related fields
- Knowledge/experience in website content management systems (CMS) and search engine optimization
- Preferred: Knowledge/experience in Google Analytics and Advertising and the ability to create ongoing reports about digital marketing efforts and campaigns; Google advertising/analytics certifications a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and vendors, the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service
- Proven project coordination experience, ability to set timeframes and meet deadlines, including the ability to be flexible and manage simultaneous projects with varying priorities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Promote and uphold Manor’s Catholic Basilian Mission