Part Time Communications and Engagement Manager (Temporary)
The University of Pennsylvania | Philadelphia, PA - Posted 4 weeks ago
The Communications and Engagement Manager is a part-time position (20-30 hours per week) reporting to the Director of Communications, Wellness at Penn. The Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for developing on-brand content and graphics and implementing them across all communications channels, including social media. The Communications and Engagement Manager will create and execute social media branding guidelines, helping the Division to achieve their mission, vision, and values through outreach, engagement, and communications.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will create and maintain health-related content for the Wellness at Penn department, consisting of Student Health and Counseling and Public Health and Wellbeing divisions, in addition to ongoing COVID-19 communications. The ideal candidate will help to create a more seamless user experience across all digital platforms and assist the Director of Communications to find opportunities to improve communications and engagement strategies with the respective audiences.
- A passion for communications, strategy, engagement, and social media utilization.
- Experience in graphic design – Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, etc.
- A broad understanding and experience in a wide range of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Strong writing and verbal skills. Ability to convey institutional ‘voice.’
- Strong reporting skills, including experience in live tweeting and/or posting Instagram stories at events.
- Portfolio of social photography and videography, demonstrating the ability to shoot, select, edit and post quickly to social media channels.
- Must show initiative and use sound judgment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively and with creative teams.
- Highly developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential highly-sensitive information.
- Ability to originate story ideas and carry them out.
- Strong ability to lead and manage a high volume of projects and deadlines.
- Good organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and set standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 Applications, primarily PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of how strategy, particularly within social media, can improve communications efforts.
- Experience in website design and editing, and knowledge of Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress and/or Drupal a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Experience with video and photo editing software:
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience in higher education communication.
- Experience working with social media management systems, such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, social media, or similar role.