Senior Associate/Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
Prescott College | Arizona - Posted 6 months ago
Prescott College is Arizona’s only private, non-profit, liberal arts university and has regularly been recognized as one of the most innovative colleges in the nation for our various self-directed, interdisciplinary, competency-based programs. The college seeks a dynamic and committed individual to help inspire the next stages of the college’s marketing and communications vision and strategies. This position assists in communications, marketing, and relationship-management for the Prescott College Centers and partnerships including, but not limited to: The Dopoi Center, Kino Bay, Tucson Campus and K-20 Changemaker Initiative, Green Mountain Center for Sustainability, Center for Nature and Place, The Fanon Center, Ecosa, and AZ Serve. This position works collaboratively in a well-resourced, dynamic, and talented team of marketing and communications professionals, consisting of marketing strategists, designers, a videographer/editor, and web developers.
Develops specific content strategy and social media planning, including calendar and initiatives across centers. Meets online regularly with center liaisons to create awareness and cohesive messaging that supports overall Prescott College goals. Advocates for and manages the allocation of share of voice across Prescott College primary own media channels including: Prescott.edu, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. Helps prioritize high value content for Centers/Partners for media pitch and inclusion in press releases.
Creates relationships and opportunities within the community and with like-minded institutions. Develops partnership marketing plan with an eye towards collaborative visionary relationships that exceed paid placement and act as a megaphone for the brand mission and values. The ideal candidate will demonstrate attention to detail and have a solid background in marketing, communications or media..
Responsibilities (as a list and/or text). (if applicable)
- Ability to work collaboratively with attention to detail and develop plans and schedules for communication, social media and advertising campaigns
- Digital marketing ad buying, tracking and optimization
- Utilize effective marketing strategies to create attractive, innovative, and appropriately branded designs
- Make website content updates and assist with website usability initiatives
- Contribute to the planning and execution of initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, digital campaigns, etc.)
- Draft marketing copy and content that is accurate, clear, and easy to comprehend
- Proofread and copyedit
- Establish and maintain production quality standards to ensure consistency in the Prescott College brand
- Proactively identifying new ways to connect the Prescott College brand with external channels
- Attending marketing events and meetings
- Drafting press releases and media pitches, and telling the brand story through earned media
- Increase penetration of marketing messages and the brand
- Drive enrollment and revenue for Prescott College programs
- Measure, monitor and document progress against deliverables, budget and results for marketing programs
Preference given to candidates with:
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and best practices
- For the associate director level, Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 or more years in a professional experience working as a marketing specialist, or in a similar role are required. For a qualified candidate with additional experience in the management and motivation of professional staff, the senior associate director level will be considered.
- Thorough understanding of marketing activities (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media etc.) and market research methods
- Knowledge of web-based marketing tools and content management systems, such as: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, email marketing platforms, WordPress, and demonstrated ability to work within a CRM (preferably Technolutions Slate) to enhance communications.
- Experience in data-driven operations that result in sustained growth as attached to marketing activities.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Experience developing marketing materials for internal and external audiences
- Skilled proficiency to edit and proofread
- Inbound marketing experience
- Living in, or interested to relocating to Prescott, Arizona area at a future date