Senior Associate Director of Social Media
Saint Joseph’s University | Philadelphia, PA - Posted 2 weeks ago
The Senior Associate Director of Social Media oversees the University’s social media presence, fostering engagement with SJU by cultivating a community and delivering content that aligns with the University’s brand. The position also help to design strategies to help the University achieve its marketing objectives through organic social media and is a key advisor and tactician in executive digital visibility.
|• Support development and lead implementation of social media strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand awareness, deepen engagement and drive action in support of SJU’s marketing and reputational objectives.
• Oversee day-to-day management of social media campaigns and ensure brand voice and consistency.
• Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks.
• Manage dynamic content calendar.
• Monitor social media progress using industry-standard analytic tools.
• Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research best practices to increase awareness and engagement.
• Review success of social media campaigns and account growth by analyzing
followers, likes, comments, shares and minutes viewed. Develop strategies to
• Research and analyze new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities.
• Create effective content for multiple platforms, websites, and social networks; on
tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
• Identify and build relationships with social media influencers.
• Engage with audience members on platforms and process and resolve audience
complaints, as appropriate, through social media.
• Develop and maintain social media policies and practices.
• Serve as a social media consultant and quality controller for departments across
• Mentor, coach and supervise social content creators including interns and junior staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English or related field.
• At least 5 years of social media management experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of image and video editing software, web analytics tools and social listening and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
• Experience with technologies and best practices for community management, web
• design, web production, and creative design across multiple platforms.
• Experience creating social-first creative and fundraising campaigns.
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills.
• Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects in a
• fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Direct experience in higher education.
• Experience working for a large, complex company or organization with multiple
• Experience working in a PR, creative or digital agency.
• Understanding of social media best practices for thought leadership and executive
• Experience managing social channels during times of crisis or issues