Bucknell University | Lewisburg, PA - Posted 3 weeks ago
Bucknell University seeks an experienced, talented and creative storyteller to join its Division of Communications as a Senior Writer. The Senior Writer will contribute to a highly collaborative team that implements the University’s marketing and communications strategy across print and digital media. This award-winning team highlights Bucknell’s strengths and value by creating authentic and compelling content that inspires its various audiences.
The Senior Writer will have a proven ability to cultivate sources; identify compelling content; conduct interviews and research; and write engaging, accurate and persuasive copy for use across multiple channels (e.g. website, magazine, social media, digital campaigns, print material, etc.). This role will be responsible for producing story-driven content that supports brand strategy and enhances the University’s overall reputation.
The individual in this role will have the experience and flexibility to be both creative and analytical in managing the various stages of projects, including concept and content development and measurement. The position requires an efficient collaborator with excellent communication skills and the desire to contribute to a positive, innovative culture within the context of a fun, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is willing to share their own perspectives, learn from the perspectives of others and contribute to an environment of diversity and inclusiveness.
• Cultivate sources, identify potential stories, conduct interviews and research, and write engaging, accurate and persuasive copy for a variety of print and digital uses.
• Manage the various stages of projects, including concept and content development and measurement.
• Serve as an integral part of a communications team that works to fulfill high-level University goals and initiatives related, but not limited, to Bucknell’s overarching communications strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3 years of professional writing experience demonstrated by a portfolio of published non-fiction writing.
• Demonstrated excellence in interviewing, writing, grammar and editing skills, including experience with and knowledge of news, feature and web writing.
• Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information and assess value while maintaining high journalistic standards of accuracy and integrity.
• Record of success in creating persuasive messaging across media.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and the sharing of perspectives across differences.
• Proven skills in creativity, analysis and problem-solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
• Superb organizational and project-management skills.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing communications channels and work well independently.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or other communications field.
• Two years of experience in higher education.
• Experience communicating with prospective students.
• Experience working in other media, such as video or social.
• Experience planning and creating marketing campaigns.