Social Media Manager
Dickinson College | Carlisle, Pa. – Flexible work environment and hybrid work arrangements available - Posted 1 month ago
Creates, implements and evaluates organic and paid social media campaigns with strategic content that builds the Dickinson brand, attracts prospective students and engages the Dickinson community. Collaborates with colleagues marketing & communications to amplify Dickinson and its strategic partnerships across social platforms. Engages in active social listening and monitoring, offers strategic recommendations to improve social media effectiveness, stays up to date on current and emerging social media and digital marketing trends.
- Plans and manages the college’s daily activity on all social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter. Works with marketing & communications team to create compelling content that will drive engagement and support admissions and advancement goals across all institutional platforms.
- Collaborating with marketing & communications team, creates and implements paid and organic social media campaigns and evaluates those campaigns according to agreed upon KPIs.
- Engages in active social listening and interacts with those who engage on social media channels, responding where appropriate.
- Researches social media trends and informs teams of changes that are relevant to the college’s marketing activities.
- Works with Online Marketing team to analyze channel analytics to recommend strategies for enhancing content and engagement with content.
- Develops and manages social media brand ambassador program, engages and trains members of the campus community on platform “takeover” opportunities.
– Expertise in social media platforms and engagement strategies.
– Working knowledge of Google Analytics and link tracking to support social media metrics reporting
– Experience with Hootsuite, nuvi, Sprout Social or other monitoring and reporting platforms
– Experience with Facebook Ads Manager or Power Editor; experience with Google Apps desirable
– Experience creating and updating web content management system
– Strong writing and editing skills
– Proven ability to multitask and collaborate across teams
– Creative thinking and problem-solving skills a must
– Excellent time management and organization skills
– Higher education experience a plus
5-8 years work experience