Social Media Marketing Strategist
Misericordia University | Dallas, PA - Posted 2 weeks ago
The Social Media Marketing Strategist leads the planning, creation, implementation, and assessment of the University’s social media content and marketing strategy initiatives with an exclusive concentration in social media strategies and executing content for enrollment management. The position is responsible for ensuring a strong, engaging, and consistent University presence on all relevant platforms while continuously identifying ways to enhance integrated marketing strategies and performance through branded content, academic program excellence, and outcomes in pursuit of enrollment goals. This position is responsible for ongoing identification of social media opportunities for the university across a wide range of existing and emerging social media platforms, implementation and evaluation of best practices for these platforms, relevant technology, and creating and maintaining processes for producing effective social media content for the university that reflect its strategic priorities.
- Plan, develop, implement, manage (day-to-day content) and assess an overall social media content and marketing strategy to establish, manage and grow a presence on public social networking sites to increase awareness and drive traffic to Enrollment Management and the overall university website. Publish and proofread content to various platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Enrollment Management, Director of Enrollment Marketing and various members of the Enrollment and Marketing teams to manage, drive, and advocate the strategic development of the University’s marketing and social media programs and advocate for the strategic development of Enrollment Management’s social media presence with a concentration on increasing the traditional full-time, part-time and graduate student enrollments.
- Ensure all social media campaigns are strategic, integrated, measurable, and optimized. Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, create, implement, and assess video campaign plans for social media.
- Develop weekly, monthly, and yearly reports and dashboards, as appropriate, for social media marketing with performance metrics and tracking. Provide regular analytics reports to Enrollment and Marketing teams to track social media engagement & trends, analyze performance, and evaluate impact of various shared content. Use metrics to inform and optimize future strategies based on findings.
- Create and maintain content calendar for social content considering university priorities such as the student recruitment cycle and brand campaigns, signature events and awareness days. Execute specific, timely social media marketing programs in coincidence with the calendar.
- Research relevant new technologies and techniques to position the University and Enrollment Management as a leader in digital marketing for higher education. Evaluate and experiment on all new social platforms and app functionality and educate others on the priorities and opportunities.
- Respond to and engage with the University’s audience across our different social platforms in conversations about the university in a way that creates a welcoming and inclusive experience for our community. Monitors mentions of the university with a focus on improving customer service, brand, and image.
- Manage the official university social media database by regularly processing site application requests and following up with admins from other departments to provide guidance while ensuring adherence to overall best practices and the university’s social media policy.
- Collaborate with the above departments to develop social media-ready content for all enrollment related university social media platforms.
- Regularly monitors platforms through daily social media scans, media/social listening, research and monitoring to ensure continuity across all social media platforms.
- Understands and applies intellectual property and communications law to social media communications initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Degree in communications, marketing, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of five years professional communications or marketing experience. Social media subject matter expert with at least three out of five years professional experience being immersed in social media. Strong experience in planning, organizing resources, establishing priorities, and launching creative and imaginative social campaigns, including contests and other strategies that drive user engagement. In-depth experience using social media to represent the online voice of an institution, company or organization, including day to-day community management. Experience managing an online community, including comment moderation and tactics to promote positive engagement with a brand. Experience preferred in creating, coordinating, and managing live social media events, such as live-tweeting high profile events, moderating comments during Facebook Live broadcasts, facilitating Instagram Takeovers, etc. Multimedia and design experience, including still photography, videography, and video editing.