Web Designer/ Manager
Delaware Valley University | Doylestown, PA - Posted 5 months ago
The web designer/manager is a full time position responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the core pages of the Delaware Valley University website. S/he has a strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web content, usability, architecture, development, and design, as well as the people skills to train users across campus to maintain and update their own pages. The web designer/manager will serve on the internal project team overseeing the redevelopment of the University website.
- Creating and maintaining University websites, applications and systems through all aspects of the development lifecycle, including concepting, prototype design, navigation, general functionality, quality assurance, final execution and ongoing maintenance
- Developing and implementing web solutions to meet marketing needs, including but not limited to landing pages, forms and applications, copy, images, registrations, banner ads, HTML emails, and integrating social media networking
- Maintenance of home page, significant landing pages, and marcom-controlled pages for accuracy, timeliness, etc.
- Posting revisions requested by colleagues across campus
- Identifying, developing, and integrating the latest web technologies into overall online presence, including: social networking/media, blogs, RSS feeds, online video and audio, podcasts, email and customer outreach/engagement and consumer-generated media
- Partnering with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and other University staff to ensure sites meet both client and University needs, align with the brand strategy platform, and meet University Web standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, publications or related field required
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 3 to 5 years experience in marketing/communications preferably in a higher education environment
- Experience with HTML-XML/XSL/CSS/JS
- Experience with responsive web design
- Understand a the importance of and ability to adapt to rapidly learning new software, tools and web technologies
- Interest in Web applications, social networks, blogs and new media
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web usage tracking package
- Project management experience
- Ability to work creatively in a collaborative and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects as well as regular maintenance issues
- excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
The above description is for reference purposes only and the University may add, delete, or modify job duties and job qualification requirements.