Alvernia University | Reading, PA - Posted 3 months ago
The Web Manager is responsible for the functionality of the university’s website, evaluating and managing website performance, and developing, maintaining and updating web content in support of the institution’s overall marketing, enrollment and strategic goals. The Web Manager must display an excellent understanding of the Drupal Content Management System and technology infrastructure using CSS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security audits and W3C web standards. The Web Manager must be comfortable troubleshooting the website and improving the User Experience (UX) on an ongoing basis. The Web Manager coordinates, trains and determines levels of access for web content editors.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor the university’s website.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues, including identifying and responding to all security breaches, considering issues of legality, confidentiality, and relevancy of information access.
- Create website content aligned to the university’s marketing and enrollment strategies, conducting appropriate audits of existing content.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans to improve User Experience.
- Collaborate with team members to produce design and layout for a variety of site applications, maintaining branding and design standards.
- Meet and consult with clients on a variety of projects including web and mobile-based applications, and develop, present and recommend web content and visual material.
- Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and clear presentation of website content, performing web maintenance and enhancement in accordance with usability best practices.
- Maintain currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related equipment, requirements and developments and recommend action to ensure compliance.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Serve as primary liaison to all web and hosting related vendors and support resources.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and monitor competitor websites.
- Troubleshoot problem and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with IT teams in planning and implementing changes.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ experience in a technically similar environment. Higher education experience a plus.
- Expert knowledge of web content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress.
- Highly proficient in frontend development using HTML, CSS, Java Script and modern frameworks.
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
- Working knowledge of FTP (File Transfer Protocol), SSH, Telnet and Unix command line language.
- Working knowledge of workstation and server operating systems, backup systems and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Working knowledge of database systems such as SQL, MySQL, Access, and Oracle, including their structures, maintenance, and connectivity with various web technologies.
- Working knowledge of industry standard web browsers.
- Working knowledge of graphic editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, DreamWeaver.
- Experience in mobile device application programming and web development
- Ability to quickly master new and complex information technology systems.
- Excellent written and personal communication skills, documentation practices, and the ability to teach others how to accomplish tasks related to website operations.
- Project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.