Web Services Coordinator
Wilkes University | Wilkes-Barre, PA - Posted 2 months ago
Wilkes University invites applicants for the Web Services Coordinator position in the Marketing Communications department.
The Web Services Coordinator will support and assist the Associate Director of Web Services in the development and implementation of Wilkes University’s digital footprint, which drives enrollment and the University’s vision, reputation, and awareness. The Web Services Coordinator is responsible for managing day-to-day website updates and maintenance tasks to ensure University web properties are updated and accurate at all times. This includes prioritizing and tracking inbound requests appropriately, collaborating with key stakeholders, and ensuring open and responsive communication throughout the update process.
The Web Services Coordinator is also expected to support ongoing efforts to improve the design, user experience, and content of Wilkes University web properties. An ideal candidate will be experienced in front end web design best practices and understands how to leverage analytics data to improve engagement, functionality, or conversions. This role will work closely with the Associate Director of Web Services to review existing pages and identify UX improvements, design enhancements, changes in site organization and architecture, or other optimizations for performance.
The Web Services Coordinator will also help support platforms and tools that are integrated into University web properties, including CRM systems, form builders, email marketing software, online calendars, and ecommerce functionality. This includes designing and building communications in selected platforms, ensuring that they are visually compelling and convey accurate information. It also includes adding and maintaining product information to the University’s ecommerce site and training ecommerce managers on functionality.
- Developing and enhancing content and design in web and digital channels, including Wilkes.edu, intranet portals, News @ Wilkes, Today @ Wilkes, email, ecommerce, and online calendars.
- Ensure that digital channels align with University brand standards, style guides, accessibility standards, and user experience best practices.
- Collaborate extensively with fellow members of the Marketing Communications and IT teams, as well as stakeholders across campus, to achieve institutional goals.
- Provide training and support to faculty and staff on CMS systems and web update processes.
- Support third-party web integrations, including CRM systems (e.g. Slate), e-commerce functionality (e.g. TouchNet), form builders (e.g. Formstack) and user behavior analytic tools (e.g. HotJar).
- Build and schedule emails in email marketing software for selected university communications (i.e. Emma).
- Serve as a point of contact for digital signage and online event calendars.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least one year of relevant experience in web design, web development, and content management systems;
- Experience building and maintaining digital content in template-based content; management systems (e.g. WordPress, Modern Campus, or similar);
- Experience designing, building, and scheduling email marketing newsletters;
- An aptitude for front end web design best practices, visual communication, and graphic design
- Exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills;
- High level of creativity and enthusiasm for building engaging digital experiences;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.